We finished the Batmobile! I ended up completing most of it, and the kids jumped at times to help. Surprisingly, we were missing one small piece, but a friend/neighbor had an extra piece from prior Lego projects, and he came to my rescue.
Overall, it was fun. This was the most complicated set I’ve ever done – 3300 pieces. The best strategy I came up with was:
- to open each bag (loose pieces and 1-2 smaller bags with more pieces), but keep them in separate piles. This way it was easier to find the different types of pieces you need.
- For each step, find all of the pieces that you need to complete that particular step. All of them. Work on those. Complete that step.
- Only then, move onto the next step.
If you do this, then you reduce the risk of using the wrong pieces, or forgetting something.