With our vacation more than halfway over, everyone is tired. It helps that we aren’t attempting to create a jam packed itinerary. After breakfast and a quick load of laundry in the morning, we were off to the Magic Kingdom.
I didn’t recall the park being so expansive. We parked at the “Scar” lot (one of the Villain lots), and then took a tram to the Transportation Center. From there, one can take the monorail or a boat to the park itself. That’s a long way.
Once there, we entered via Magic Bands, then hit up our itinerary for the day. It was the weekend, and the lines were longer, but we actively managed our Fast Passes (and got directions) through the My Disney Experience mobile app. We were all over Main Street, Adventureland, Frontier Land, Tomorrowland, Fantasyland, and Liberty Square.
Here’s what we did (and didn’t do), in no particular order:
- Got the requisite 500 pictures in front of Cinderella’s Castle
- Watched a street dance show
- Watched another show in front of the Castle
- Watched the Main Street Electrical Parade
- Watched the fireworks show
- The Enchanted Tiki Room
- Pirates of the Caribbean (no FP, so we stood around for 45 mins)
- Participated in an amazing scavenger hunt, which was well thought out and entertaining. I highly recommend it.
- Walked around, but the Runaway Mountain roller coaster got shut down.
- Had dinner at Pecos Bill restaurant.
- The Hall of Presidents
- Haunted Mansion
- Space Mountain
- Monsters Laugh Floor, which was really funny.
- People Mover (I didn’t get to go, had to go back and pick up hoodies from the car.)
- Carousel of Tomorrow (Also didn’t attend, was still getting hoodies)
- Some Stitch attraction (I was told it was horrible, so I’m glad I wasn’t around for that.)
- Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
- Hit up the “It’s a Small World” ride because you gotta.
It was a full day, as we soldiered on until the park closed at midnight. By the time we took the ferry, and a tram, and drove back to the hotel, it was after 1:30 AM. Long day, but we were lucky to get so much in. Disney really knows how to entertain.