After a decent night’s sleep, we were up early for breakfast downstairs, included with our stay at the Homewood Suites. We then spent an entire morning devoted to listening to the benefits of the Hilton Grand Vacation Club. By the time we finally got underway and arrived at EPCOT, it was nearly 2 PM. After speaking to a very nice woman at the ticket office who was originally from nearby New Brunswick NJ, she advised us that purchasing ticket for the other days now would save us some money, instead of buying them new every day. We ended up buying our remaining tickets for Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom, and Disney Magic Bands for ourselves.
We finally got into a Disney park, and wow, so much to do. We went through our list, and did a lot. Unfortunately, we didn’t get to experience much of the World Showcase, but we’ll put it on the top of the list next time. In no special order, here’s a list of just some of the things we did:
- Captain EO — The old 3D show starring Michael Jackson. Still somewhat entertaining, but the 3D is really showing its age.
- Mission: SPACE — A fun spinning ride simulating a mission to Mars, hosted by Gary Sinise. One of the Ipes favorites at the moment.
- Soarin’ — A simulated hanging flight over California vistas.
- Dinner at the Coral Reef restaurant.
- Illuminations: Reflections of Earth — Fireworks show.
- Walking around the World Showcase, or at least half of it.
EPCOT was nice, but there was so much that we didn’t get to experience before the park closed at 9 AM. Next time, I hope we’ll have more of the day to experience everything.