I love when researching on the Internet actually pans out. My new Logitech K750 solar keyboard and Performance Mouse MX arrived a day early, and after making dinner for the kids, I went upstairs to start experimenting. My biggest issue was that I, the regular business user, don’t have admin rights to my work laptop. How to install then? Did some research on the Logitech Unifying receiver, and found a workaround. Trying to pair it on your PC without admin rights won’t work. However, you can pair them on another PC where you have admin rights though.
1. Get your keyboard and mouse set up near a PC where you have admin rights.
2. Plug in the Unifying receiver into that same PC.
3. Complete the pairing process for each device (turn each one on, confirm the pairing if necessary, yada yada.)
4. Once paired, turn off the devices, and unplug the Unifying receiver from your PC.
5. Plug the Unifying receiver into the target PC. Turn on your devices, and wait.
Boom, worked like a charm. I’m offsite this week, but I can’t wait until I return to the office, and try out the new hardware.
[Note: I just realized that the wires in the 3rd picture below may be deceiving. I’m charging the batteries at this point.]
Pingback: Success! New keyboard and mouse at the office - Tales From The Ipe!