Due to the recent redesign, photos are in two major categories: 2000 – 2007 in the old format, and 2008 where I’ve moved to the new. In my free time, I’ll be converting the rest of the legacy photo galleries. In the meantime, please pretend that I put up one of those circa-1996 blinking “Under Construction” animated gifs.
Photo Galleries: 1973 – 1994
I’m going to start scanning and publishing photos from when I grew up. Here’s the first batch that I had already scanned in years ago. I’ll eventually break them down by era or decade, but in the meantime, a dollop of photos in roughly chronological order.
- 1973 – 1994 – Photos ranging from my parents’ wedding to high school graduation.
Photo Galleries: 2000 – 2007
Back in the day, I used to categorize my photos by “Friends”, “Family”, “Church”, and “Trips.” In the here and now, you’ll still find them in those categories, until I have the free time to reformat and reorganize. I wouldn’t hold my breath, as it’ll be a while.
- Friends – Photos over the past 8 years from various gatherings with friends.
- Family – Family functions and events, and collections of family photos.
- Trips – Various trips domestically and internationally, for business or leisure.
- Church – Photos from my days when I belonged to the Church of South India events, circa 1995 – 2004.
Photo Galleries: 2008
Starting in June 2008, I’ve begun reorganizing and reformatting how pictures are organized and how they are presented. Instead of categories and subcategories, I’ll simply organize photos my month. Instead of the old static pages, I’m leveraging Google’s Picasa and Adobe Flash to jazz the photo galleries up a bit. Now, show me some spirit fingers!
- January 2008 – The first major event was celebrating my niece Sophia’s first birthday party. I heard she had numerous parties, but we were only invited to one of them. Such is life when related to a celebrity. The other set of photos is when Joshua went on a field trip to the New Jersey Children’s Museum in Paramus, NJ.
- February 2008 – A few family photos. Highlights would be when we chaperoned his class field trip to see The Very Hungry Caterpillar.
- March 2008 – Josh turned 3 years old this month. Also, we celebrated the arrival of Miss Lily Rebecca Ipe to the family. Actually, some of our friends got together to celebrate four February birthdays together — Sona, Pradeep, Reeba and Num’s. It was also a good excuse to get together to see friends. Finally, my friend Kenar turned 30 this month, so his wife Mital threw him a surprise Hawaiian-themed 30th birthday party.
- April 2008 -We’re into our first month with Miss Lily, and she’s a grunty, hungry, poopy infant. Luckily, she’s cute as can be. I’m not biased at all. Noooo. It was also my birthday.
- May 2008 – We completed Josh & Lily’s bedroom mural, took a trip to the Philadelphia Zoo, and spent time with the family
- June 2008 – We attended Festival on the Farm, Josh graduated to Preschool, completed his first semester in The Little Gym’s “Funny Bugs” class, and we spent a fantastic weekend in Ocean City, Maryland. Additional misc photos include the kids going to school together in their new classrooms.
- July 2008 Part 1 – You’ll find July 4th celebration picnic photos, Doug & Kathy visiting, Julie & Robbie visiting, some pics of our pet fish, and the Trenton Thunder baseball game.
- July 2008 Part 2 – We attended Barb’s wedding, more kids photos,and had dinner with Anju at Soonja in Princeton.
- August 2008 – Paul & Biji came to NJ to visit, so we got together for a rainy Saturday BBQ at Doug & Kathy’s house. We celebrated Lily’s baptism this month, went to a BBQ party @ Sunil & Ligy’s, and a birthday party for Josh’s classmate.
- 2008 Punta Cana – We celebrated our 5-year wedding anniversary with a trip to Punta Cana for five days. Josh came along, but Lily stayed with her grandparents.
- September 2008 – We attended a 1-year old’s birthday party (Ethan), some family photos, and our anniversary dinner.
- October 2008 – Reunion photos with some elementary school classmates, my sister’s official housewarming, a trip to a petting zoo, Halloween, and other random photos.
- November 2008 – Some additional photos of the kids in the Halloween costumes, dinner with friends Sunil & Ligy, random shots, Kevin & Munju’s engagement, our trip to see Playhouse Disney Live! at the Izod Center in the Meadowlands, and dinner in Queens with friends to celebrate Heidi’s [Note: additional Heidi party pics, courtesy of Vijay.]
- Thanksgiving Road Trip to Michigan – Our extended weekend road trip to Michigan.
- December 2008 – Random family photos, Christmas get-together at Reeba’s place, and Poppy’s surprise 60th birthday party. [Note: Christmas @ Reeba’s party pics, courtesy of Plexy.]
Photo Galleries: 2009
- January 2009 – New Year’s Day party at my parents’ place, the last batch of grainy disposable camera photos from our father-son visit to the train show in Oaks, PA, and our father-son trip to the Liberty Science Center [digital camera photos], Becky’s 2nd birthday party, and other “hanging out” photos.
- February 2009 – A few random family shots, nothing fancy.
- March 2009 – Photos from my day volunteering with Habitat for Humanity, our friend Teena’s wedding, and a get-together to celebrate birthdays for Nums, Ligy, and Sandhya.
- March 2009 – Josh’s 4th birthday weekend – Josh’s birthday weekend included a Friday party at school, Friday night out for dinner in Edison, a Saturday trip to see the Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey circus show at the Prudential Center, and hanging out with his aunt & uncle. What a weekend!
- March 2009 – Visit to the Please Touch Museum – Our family trip (nay, excursion!) with the kids to Philadelphia’s Please Touch Museum.
- April 2009 – Lily’s 1st birthday party, Easter Sunday, and a street festival in Princeton.
- May 2009 – Key events this month are the Mother’s Day picnic, a 70th birthday party, and our big extended-family vacation to Bethany Beach, Delaware.
- June 2009 – Father Hubbard’s farewell dinner, and “Maryland Adventure Day.”
- July 2009 – Premod and Ishk’s wedding, the Quick Chek Balloon Festival, and other Ipe shenanigans.
- August 2009 – Hanging out at Long Branch beach, going-away party for Brynne at Alstarz Sports Pub, Vijay’s birthday dinner at Macaroni Grill (Menlo Park), a dance-themed birthday party for one of Josh’s classmates, and dinner with Ammu, Vinu, kids, the in-laws, and Mickey Mouse. Yeah, that’s right. I had dinner with Mickey Mouse, and I don’t need pictures to prove it. What, are you going to try to call me out on it? I dare you.
- September 2009 – Highlights include the St. Paul’s & Resurrection 90th Anniversary (and Rev. Jacob David’s 25 years of service), and a father & son trip to NYC’s American Museum of Natural History and the Rose Center. Finally, pictures from our anniversary weekend in Atlantic City.
- October 2009 – Current updates include hanging out at my sister’s house, Diwali party with friends @ Sayali’s place in NYC, the kids’ Halloween Parade at school, dinner out without the kids, Josh’s classmate Halloween-themed birthday for Sammi, and the kids trick or treating with their uncle Robbie and aunt Julie.
- November 2009 – A dance-themed birthday party for Josh’s classmate Lauren, a trip for the cousins to Atlantic Farms in Wall NJ, and dinner with Doug & Kathy. Also included are Heidi’s 30th birthday party and soon-to-be-posted Thanksgiving 2009 photos.
- December 2009 – Lily attends a classmate’s birthday party, and some snaps from our weekend in Virginia.
- Christmas Season 2009 – There were so many photos in December, it was necessary to break it out. Christmas season started out with a get-together of friends for a potluck dinner and our annual gift exchange. On Christmas Eve, we hosted dinner, but my MIL cooked some biryani for dinner. My wife hosted our annual “Christmas Excellence” dinner on Christmas day, but no time this year for the now-traditional viewing of a terrible Christmas-related movie. Finally, on Dec 26th, we attended the 100th birthday celebration of my BIL’s grandmother. [Procession and dinner included.]
Photo Galleries: 2010
- January 2010 – Some church and home photos.
- February 2010 – Blizzard 2010 and family photos.
- March 2010 – Kids’ birthday party photos at home, the Plainsboro Preserve, and a later party at our house.
- April 2010 – Easter, my birthday dinner, Princeton Communiversity Day 2010, and other April activities.
- May 2010 – Photos from participating in the 2010 “Coast the Coast” MS Bike Tour, Siby & Ruby’s wedding, and our niece Sophia’s weekend with the Ipes.
- June 2010 – The kids’ Spring Sing 2010 concert and Josh’s graduation, and my sister Julie’s surprise 30th birthday party.
- July 2010 – July 4th weekend BBQ party at our house, Ashley & Liza’s wedding, and our 2010 Midwest Roadtrip to Chicago and Michigan.
- August 2010 – Vacation Bible School at our church, my sister Julie’s baby shower, Lily’s classmate’s birthday party, and an excellent BBQ hosted by Pradeep and Heidi.
- September 2010 – Jack’s 1st birthday party, Josh’s first day in kindergarten, and Josh’s first soccer practice.
- October 2010 – Lots of Halloween photos.
- November 2010 – My 2nd cousin Jiss’ engagement, and many photos from Thanksgiving weekend.
- December 2010 – A lot of random year-end photos, including birthday and Christmas parties, goings-ons, and a trip to the Liberty Science Center.
Photo Galleries: 2011
- January 2011 – Misc photos including when world travellers Ranjith and Priya came over to visit, the church Christmas pageant, and my father-in-law’s 70th birthday party
- February 2011 – Random family photos, including a late Valentine’s Day dinner @ Ruth’s Chris, and my wife’s birthday dinner.
- March 2011 – Joshua’s sixth birthday party, Josh’s last winter season soccer game, and a party at our house.
- April 2011 – Lily’s 3rd birthday party, lots of non-serious photos, Josh’s work displayed at the district “Curriculum Fair”, Josh hanging out with me during his Spring Break, photos from my old neighborhood, Easter Sunday 2011, my birthday dinner, and new cycling equipment. Phew!
- May 2011 – A photo from an early May training ride, a soccer game, family photos from a lunch get-together with my immediate family, a celebration of April birthdays among friends at the Mt. Fuji Japanese steakhouse in Hasbrouck Heights, Mother’s Day at home and church, and finally plenty of photos from the big Bike MS “Coast the Coast” 2011 event.
- June 2011 – Photos from a 40th wedding anniversary among friends at Milan Banquets in Garfield for Plexy & Lesh’s parents, Josh’s “Kindergarten Smiles” end of year concert, and a few photos from Lily’s “Spring Sing” class performance. Remaining pics are of the goofing-off variety.
- July 2011 – More goofing-off pictures with the cats during their first 30 days with us, watching the local July 4th fireworks, and attending Heidi’s baby shower.
- August 2011 – Choice photos from VBS 2011 at our church this month, attending the NJ State Fair (Sussex County Farm and Horse Show), other random photos
- 2011 Bethany Beach Vacation Photos – Our family trip to Bethany Beach.
- 2011 September Photos – Josh is learning how to play chess, photos from Jon & Nicole’s wedding reception, and a whole bunch more from my first ever Onam party. (It’s a Malayalee thang.)
- 2011 November Photos – Our 4-day mini-family-vacation to New York City.
- 2011 December Photos – Lots of year-end parties, my friends. Lots.