That was a fun-filled and busy Labor Day weekend. To summarize:
- My wife took the kids for lunch with her parents Saturday afternoon at some new Indian restaurant, where there was a special Onam (South India / Kerala state Thanksgiving, if you must.)
- BBQ at my friend Doug’s house Saturday afternoon up in Orange county. I brought the kids.
- Two of my Michigan friends, Paul and Sean, were in town for the weekend for separate events. We partied it up with my friend Doug Saturday night….. in Lodi, NJ!
- Paul stayed over our house Saturday night.
- Lily wouldn’t sleep Saturday night, and she was up with us (my wife had the 10pm-3:30am shift, and I ended up taking the 3:30am – 5am shift (or whenever she fell asleep on me on the couch, and I fell asleep too.) All I know is that I woke up with Lily sleeping on me at 7:41am. She was up soon after.
- I took the kids to the pool late Sunday afternoon. It got too cold after a while, so we went home 30 mins later.
- I had dinner with the kids and my in-laws at the fancy-shmancy Red Lobster.
- Josh requested an imprompto sleepover at their house, and we obliged. I just had to get his pajamas and other stuff from home, and take them all over. Lily stayed with me.
- Monday was wholesale club and other shopping in the afternoon.
- Monday night was a BBQ at my sister’s place. We got home around 11pm.
Sometimes it was more “filled” than “fun”, but it was still an overall decent weekend.